Sunday, August 6, 2023

0. Up The Guts To Darwin

 Thoughts before I go..

We’ve spent the last week gearing up to head to Darwin, for Husband to compete in the Darwin Festival Of Clays competition, early August. 
Husband decided on allowing us ten days travel, but we haven’t booked in to van parks, let alone know where we will be each night, so glad I booked ahead, for a space in a Darwin park. 
With tales of theft, destruction and bodily assaults, taking place between here and buttf**k, can anyone understand my trepidation and anxiety? 
Personally, I’m a home-body, where i know when i’m going to eat a meal, where I’m sleeping that night, surrounded by my familiar things and pets. That’s the hardest part: leaving my three cats and my poor old dog, at home, needing someone else to feed them but no extra cuddles (for Hunter 🐈) or smooches (from Milly 🐈‍⬛). Jerry won’t care as long as he’s fed, but Max (🦮) is now 14 1/2 years old,  drools a bit, walks with difficulty but still loves to ‘fetch’.
Anyway, even though i’ve had back issues lately, (my chiropractor thinks I went to extremes, to get out of caravanning), I had one proviso. I’ll be taking my Smart Doll, Fiona, to take photos of the Outback. That should be interesting: being stared at by strangers as I pose the doll to photograph. 
Van  and ute are packed, probably with useless stuff. We are first-timers at a long trek (some 6,000kms round trip) so hoping I can get to blog about happy travels… 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZIAbWRKRhlWxo-VmuvdEzVPu9RIK-YZ3